Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

Well although it's almost over, I hope you've celebrated & have honored all those who have suffered for serving our Country. I thank you all!

So sorry I've been missing but just like many of you I've been super busy, the first weekend of summer is always busy, my DD had the class of 2010 graduation to perform for on Saturday & today the Memorial Day parade in fact here's a picture of her in action this morning just before a vicious storm rolled through:

I worked on my flower bed most of the day yesterday (Sunday) & here's how it looks this year:

A close up:

There's a story behind this, the flower bed was put in many years ago by my DH for me to cover up the old drive-way, you see this room with two windows was actually a garage at one time & is now a master bedroom & bath. The top row of this flower bed has been quite the challenge nothing ever stays alive in it so I resorted this year to filling it with pretty white rocks... the Petunias make up the other two rows.

I wasn't only working on personal business so to speak, I also created a card with this past week's Bugaboo's Friday Freebie:
A close up:
Well a little closer anyway...

Edited... I've changed the project pictures that I re-took today, these are much better :)
So sorry the project pictures are a bit "blurry" but I was in a hurry as now I need to get to the Stanley Cup Playoff Game 2 our Chicago Blackhawks are up 1 game to Philadelphia's 0...

Thanks for coming by & hope you enjoyed my sharing today :)

1 comment:

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

SO CUTE!! LOVE how you colored the image and GREAT colors!!